Why Your Restaurant Should Have a Blog...today I'm going to show you why it's important to have a blog for your restaurant (even if you already have a website).
First of all, what's a blog?
Glad you asked ;)
For our purposes (restaurant marketing), a blog is basically a website (with business address, restaurant menu, contact info, reviews, etc.) that also is constantly updated with helpful, useful, or interesting info for your customers...
Basically, it gives people a reason to keep coming back to your site.
For example, how cool would it be if you added a new article or video to your restaurant website once or twice a month that...
* shows the unique process used to create your food?
* or showed how awesome Saturday nights are at your restaurant? (what with the Flamenco playing and Spanish dancing ;)
* or let everyone know you've started Happy Hour Monday through Friday, 4-6PM through September?
* or let everyone know about the latest raving review your restaurant got from a food critic in the local paper?
* or that you're now offering catering services?
This would all be helpful information that your customers could get excited about (and may not have even known about)...
"However, there's another reason it pays to have a blog... You can get your site ranked at the top of the search engines!"
For example, if you own a pizza restaurant and your blog is always talking about pizza, the chances of you ranking at the top of Google when people type in "[your city] pizza restaurant" are going to greatly increase.
And in case you didn't know, ranking at the top of Google for keywords that get you business is HUGE...
Statistics show that the top 4 organic listings of the search results get 80% of the clicks!
For more great info like this and our 7 Restaurant Marketing Secrets, go to...